Whyte’s 650b aluminium cross-country/trail hardtails offer a fine balance of fun and speed, and the 801 is the perfect entry point with 27 Shimano gears and upgrade-worthy chassis.
Now using Whyte’s trademark longer top tube and a 120mm fork the 2017 version of the 801 is much more capable when the trails get a bit rough.
These frames are full of clever design features, such as extra mud clearance for all-weather usability, forward facing seat tube slot to keep rear wheel spray out of the frame, continuous outers for improved cable life and Crud-Catcher mudguard mounts on the downtube to keep the grit out of your teeth.
If you are thinking of getting into mountain biking this is a great bike to start with.
- 6061 hydroformedcustom drawn T6 aluminium multibutted frame with internal cable routing
- RockShox XC-30 Silver 120mm travel fork with lockout and adjustable rebound, tapered steerer
- Shimano 3×9 drivetrain with Deore rear derailleur
- Maxxis Ardent/Crossmark II tyres
- Tektro Auriga hydraulic disc brakes