With their long front ends, short chainstays, low bottom brackets and slack head angles, Whyte’s 900 series bikes are faster, more confident and more fun than any hardtail has a right to be. The testers agree, with MBR magazine awarding the 905 a perfect 10, and What Mountain Bike summing it up by saying: “Whichever option you pick from Whyte’s new 650b Trail Hardtail range, you’re onto a winner.”
The 2017 909 has a bolt-thru rear axle, Whyte’s new BBX internal cable routing and is based around 40mm or 50mm stem lengths (depending on frame size).
Fork and drivetrain are top-notch – Fox 34 with the new GRIP damper, Shimano XT 1 x 11 and RaceFace Turbine Cinch crankset.
- Fox 34 Performance fork with 130mm travel and GRIP damper, tapered steerer and 15mm x 100mm thru axle
- 6061 hydroformed T6 aluminium frame, custom drawn and multibutted with Whyte’s unique Intergrip seatpost clamp and internal BBX cable routing, 12x148mm bolt-thru rear axle
- Shimano 1 by 11 XT drivetrain with 11-46 cassette
- RaceFace Turbine Cinch direct mount 32t chain ring with BB30 30mm alloy axle and BSA screw-in BB cups
- Shimano XT brakes, 180mm front/160mm rear with IceTech rotors
- WTB STs 29mm tubeless ready rims, 32 hole
- WTB Trail Boss 2.4 Light High Grip/Riddler 2.4 Light Fast Rolling tubeless ready tyres
- Hope Pro 4 rear hub and sealed cartridge bearing front hub
- KS CRUXi dropper seat post with 125mm travel and Southpaw remote