With the same long, long front centre and 160mm travel, this platform is perfect for gravity enduro racing or just bombing around your local hardcore trails. The G-160 S pedals uphill remarkably well for such a burly, capable bike. You can even tackle most Irish downhill trails with it.
The 2016 G-160 S uses Whyte’s single-chainring specific frame design. Since the frame does not need to allow space for a second chainring and front derailleur, the chainstays are symmetrical and the main pivot is 20% wider than the previous dual-ring design. This makes for a much stiffer back end and less load on the main pivot bearings.
- 27.5″ wheels, 160m travel, hydroformed frame with internal cables and Intergrip seat post clamp
- RockShox Yari RC fork with 160mm travel and boost width 15mm Maxle
- RockShox Monarch Debonair R shock
- SRAM GX 1 x 11-speed drivetrain
- SRAM Guide R 4-pot brakes with 180mm rotors
- Boost 148mm rear and 110mm front hubs
- WTB STs 29mm tubeless-ready rims, sealed cartridge bearing hubs
- WTB Convict 2.4 Light High Grip/Riddler 2.3 Light Fast Rolling tubeless ready tyres
- RockShox Reverb Stealth dropper post