Now with Eagle! The 2017 G-160 Works has SRAM’s new Eagle 1 x 12-speed drivetrain and a Lyrik RCT-3 fork.
With a long, long front centre and 160mm travel, this platform is perfect for gravity riding, enduro racing or just bombing around your local hardcore trails. The G-160 RS pedals uphill remarkably well for such a burly, capable bike.
The 2016 G-160 uses Whyte’s single-chainring specific frame design. Since the frame does not need to allow space for a second chainring and front derailleur, the chainstays are symmetrical and the main pivot is 20% wider than the previous dual-ring design. This makes for a much stiffer back end and less load on the main pivot bearings.
SRAM Roam 60 wheelset with carbon rims and boost width hubs, Maxxis High Roller 2.4 and Minion SS 2.3 tyres – all tubeless ready.
The ultimate enduro bike? We think so, but don’t just take our word for it: What Mountain Bike magazine review
- 27.5″ wheels, 160mm travel, internal cabling, Intergrip seatpost clamp
- RockShox Lyrik 27.5″ RCT3 160mm travel fork with boost 15mm Maxle
- RockShox Monarch Plus Debonair RC3 shock
- SRAM Eagle 1×12 drivetrain
- Reverb Stealth dropper post
- SRAM Rail 40 wheelset
- RaceFace SixC carbon handlebar 35mm oversized, 800mm wide
- RaceFace Turbine oversize stem 32mm long
- SRAM Guide RSC 4 pot brakes 180/170mm rotors
- Maxxis High Roller II 2.4/Minion SS Exo 2.3 tubeless ready tyres